History

The founding of the company goes back to 1924 when Adolf Pieper and three colleagues started manufacturing wooden clothes hangers in modest, industrial premises in Hamelin Old Town. Together with his wife Elli Pieper, who looked after the company's organisation and book-keeping, Adolf Pieper was able to rapidly expand the business and in 1939 relocate it to the new factory premises on Ohsener Straße, where the head office stands today.

In 1981, the new word mark pieperconcept became a trademark for the different business areas. Its efficiency, first class employees and the way in which it bound the company to first class customers shaped the business culture of pieperconcept.

In the nineteen eighties, pieperconcept decided to enter the retail furniture industry with high quality entrance hall coat hangers. The first small pieces of furniture soon followed.

The takeover of a company based in Hamelin, a former competitor called Union, occurred in 2001. After integration, the brand name UNION lived on in the form of high quality wardrobe hangers, suit stands and trouser presses.

Pieperconcept today presents itself as an internationally operating company with multifaceted business areas and a modern, streamlined structure. Marketing, design and development as well as international purchasing have become central to the creation of added value. Efficient sales processes and modern Key Account Management are the basis for the company's future success.


©2013 pieperconcept / Hameln